Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Garden Book

I bought this beautiful, hand made Italian book (from Il Papiro in Degraves Street Melbourne) for us to use as our garden record. I want to put things like, when something flowers or when to sow or fertilize etc. Plus maybe which year a certain tree was planted. Of course, like everything I do, it gets bigger than Ben Hur and I've started illuminating the pages, sort of thing.
The paper is gorgeous! Proper watercolour paper or some thing like, and the cover is hand marbled. So amazing! I took ages to choose.



This is the front piece, which I will write our names or the garden address or some such thing.


1 comment:

Lyndel said...

Oh my that's a lovely book and what a great idea to use it as a Garden Book. I visited that shop a few weeks ago, and was blown away. I didn't buy anything but the items there are amazing.